Keep your oral health care in check this Halloween season by practicing safe and effective techniques, making ideal food and drink selections, and utilizing proper oral health care treatments. Listed below are a few oral health care tips to think about:
– Help protect yourself from going overboard by setting up an effective candy plan and sticking to it.
– Try to stick to oral health care cleaning products that are approved or suggested by your dentist. In addition, those products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance are considered safe and effective for use.
– Avoid long periods of snacking, and try to eat your candy with meals to help neutralize the effect of harmful acids.
– Never keep your sweets after the holiday is over, as you can end up snacking on them for weeks on end.
– Visit your dentist every six months for a professional cleaning, and feel free to visit us for any routine check-ups or oral examinations.
– Exercise caution when consuming any products that can easily damage your teeth, including highly acidic foods, sticky or chewy foods, and hard foods that can chip and crack your teeth.
– Always brush your teeth after eating sugary sweets to help treat tooth decay and plaque buildup that may occur.
If you need additional protection, and need to set up an appointment with Dr. Colton Rich at Frandsen Dental, please call us to at 801-224-7900, or stop by our office in Orem, Utah. We wish you a ‘spooktacular’ Halloween!